Dear WBAH Clients,
The COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic is real, it’s here, and it will most likely get worse before it gets better.
As a result, the team here at White Bear Animal Hospital is faced with conflicting responsibilities between our patients and our community, our families, and ourselves. On one side, we care deeply about the wellbeing of our patients and want to do everything we can to be here when they need us. However, we also have a responsibility to our community, our families, and ourselves to minimize the spread of this potentially deadly disease.
Therefore, until further notice, the following changes will be made to how we operate:
1. We will only accept appointments for sick or injured pets, pets that need to have lab work done, and puppies and kittens that are in the middle of their initial vaccine series.
2. Routine wellness and preventive care appointments will be cancelled / not accepted until we believe that the risk of community spread of the Coronavirus has significantly decreased. Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing when that will occur. We will send another email once we have decided to restart accepting routine wellness and preventive care appointments.
3. Surgeries and dental procedures will proceed as scheduled. However, we request that you not enter the clinic, but rather stay in your car and call us from the parking lot. We will bring out the necessary paperwork for you to sign and then bring your pet into the clinic. When it is time for your pet to go home, please call us from the parking lot. We will then take payment over the phone and bring your pet, your receipt, and any necessary medications to your car.
4. If you only need to pick-up prescriptions or food, please call us from the parking lot. We will take your payment over the phone and bring your prescriptions or food and receipt out to you.
5. If at all possible, please stay in your car, call us when you get here, and follow our instructions. If you must enter the clinic, please practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet between yourself and other clients and wait for your turn at the reception desk.
6. If you are sick for any reason, PLEASE do not bring your pet to the clinic. Instead, designate a family member or friend to do so. We are more than happy to communicate by phone during these appointments.
We know that these changes will cause concerns for some of you, so we encourage you to contact us with any questions. Please understand that we may need to take further actoins to keep everyone safe, but we will be sure to notify you as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
The Team at White Bear Animal Hospital