As veterinary industry experts, we are always vigilant about communicable disease that can impact our patients, their owners, and our staff.
With the recent outbreak of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, we are taking extra measures above and beyond our already-high standards to help ensure everyone’s safety.
- As the situation is rapidly changing, we are regularly monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as federal and state/local agencies to follow all recommended protocols.
- We are using medical-grade disinfectants more frequently in high traffic areas, including door handles, light switches, faucets, front counters, phones, keyboards, restrooms, and more.
- All employees are reminded to stay home if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
- We ask those pet owners who have an appointment with us and are feeling under the weather to please call our office before coming in so we can determine the best plan for taking care of your pet.
- No clients are currently allowed inside the clinic except for attended euthanasias.
- Call ahead for any prescription refills or we can arrange for home delivery through our online store, My Vet Store Online. See the link at the top of the column on the right.
- At this time, we remain open for business during our regular hours, but are only scheduling appointments for sick or injured pets, puppies and kittens that need vaccines, and pets that need to have lab word done. Elective surgeries and procedures have been cancelled.
For more information about COVID-19 and pets, these are great resources:
American Veterinary Medical Association:
Minnesota Board of Animal Health:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
If you have additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We appreciate your patience during this challenging time and will continue working hard to provide the level of care that you have come to expect from us.